wpa_supplicant post installation problem on Alpine v3.12.1
After I installed Alpine Linux v3.12.1 and rebooted, udhcpc was unable to obtain a dhcp lease via Wifi. I eventually figured out the problem was that wpa_supplicant wans't running.
This issue was resolved when I enabled wpa_supplicant with
rc-update add wpa_supplicant boot. It did take me awhile to figure this out. As a newbie to this distro, I'm very impressed with the install process. Beats Arch Linux by a long shot that I've been working with for the last few weeks.
Should be noted that during the installation process /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf was properly populated with my wireless device ssid, key_mgmt, and psk and /etc/network/interfaces was appropriately populated as well.
I would like to see this issue addressed fairly quickly as some new users who run into this issue might quickly turn around and run the other way. So far I like this Linux distro the best, and I'm planning on using it as my router/firewall. I typcially always run my distro's via command line so this issue really didn't deter me. I'm in the process of migrating to Linux from OpenBSD due to the fact that gaming with UPnP actually works like it should via miniupnpd.
See Alpine issue 11650. I created this new issue since the issue has yet to be resolved, and the orginal issue was convoluted with another issue that was unrelated.