Unable to connect to a specific access point
I did some tests but I couldn’t connect, I’ll try to be schematic.
- With setup-interfaces I can’t connect to my router’s wifi connection, but I can connect to my mobile phone’s wifi thetering. Alpine version is 3.9.2 .
- I can connect to the same router with another live distro (ubuntu studio), so I exclude a hardware problem.
- The card is an “Intel Corporation Wifi Link 5100” (info by lspci)
- During attempts with setup-interfaces (and after rc-service
networking restart) I got these errors:
udhcpc: sending discover
udhcpc failed to get a DHCP lease
udhcpc: no lease, forking to background”
Then I tried to install the package “dhcpcd” (which anyway is not necessary to connect to the thetering wifi mobile phone) and set “udhcpc_opts -t 12” inside “/etc/network/interfaces” in wlan0 section. No results, it try until it expires.
5)I tried to disable both the wifi password and also the dhcp of router without any result (but I have no problem to connect in both cases from another distro).
6)Then I tried to follow this guide without any results: https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Connecting\_to\_a\_wireless\_access\_point .
- I thought that my card did not have the drivers installed and I try to install “iwlwifi-5000-ucode”, but this prevented further attempts at connection (setup-interfaces was no longer able to create an appropriate section in “/etc/network/interfaces”).
- I tried to follow the advice of a user of the mailinglist but without result: https://lists.alpinelinux.org/alpine-user/0736.html . This is the output of wpasupplicant: https://termbin.com/b3oj . In this case this is my “/etc/network/interfaces” http://termbin.com/s3if and “/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf” is http://termbin.com/7rnp .
(from redmine: issue id 10153, created on 2019-03-25)