Redmine and git project/repo conversion/migration to Gitlab
we currently have a specific setup on both Redmine and git.a.o.
- Alpine Linux
- Alpine Build tools (abuild)
- Alpine Documentation
- Alpine Infrastructure
- Alpine Package Keeper (apk-tools)
- Alpine Security
- Alpine Setup Scripts
- Alpine Projects
- user repos
Namespace conversion for projects with source code (git repo):
- projects/alpine =>alpine/aports
- projects/abuild =>alpine/abuild
- projects/apk-tools =>alpine/apk-tools
- projects/alpine-conf =>alpine/alpine-conf
- projects/awall =>alpine/awall
Namespace conversion for projects without source code (git repo)
These would have a single README.md explaining these projects have issues only
- projects/alpine-infra =>alpine/infra/general
- projects/alpinedoc =>alpine/docs/general
- projects/alpine-security =>alpine/security/general
Docs (git repos)
These have no projects on redmine and can be converted to similar Gitlab namespacing:
Hosted (git repos)
Need to check under which namespace to move these
There are a lot of repos on git.a.o and we have mixed the issues within
the alpine (aports) namespace.
We have to discus with Ted Trask how to handle this.
I think we can skip migrating Aconf, this project seems empty on redmine.
This seems like an old project. Probably easier to just keep it on git.a.o
We can allow users to migrate their repositories into gitlab or just keep them on git.a.o.
(from redmine: issue id 10606, created on 2019-06-23)
- parent #10573 (closed)