transmission-daemon and SIGINT
I think there is a bug with transmission-daemon in Alpine Linux when try to gracefully stop it with INT or TERM signals.
I did the following test on both Archlinux and Alpine in an interactive docker container:
* Run this commmand:
- Add a torrent file with RPC client.
- Send INT signal (Ctrl + C) or send a TERM signal with kill.
On Archlinux: the signal was intercepted, and transmission gracefully exit (save .resume files, write a message “Closed session” in logs etc.
On Alpine: sometimes the signal was simply ignored (I can doing 100 Ctrl + C, it does nothing), sometimes I have a segmentation fault.
- The same test without adding a torrent works perfectly on both Arch and Alpine.
- There are exactly the same version of transmission in Archlinux and Alpine (2.92).
- I have try to compile transmission myself, but it does not change nothing.
I have no idea why.
(from redmine: issue id 8218, created on 2017-12-01)