setup-bootable, and boot media mounting improvements
The new setup-bootable unconditionally overwrites the alpine_dev boot option with UUID=xxx style line.
This has following implications:
- apk repositories, and lbu media need to be updated if UUID changes
- setup-bootable help text is misleading (-u says “Keep existing syslinux.cfg” which is not true without -k)
- it also overwrites LABEL=xxx things
- do not touch alpine_dev if it is LABEL=xxx style
- maybe plain or UUID style alpine_dev should be mounted as /media/boot, so we get consistent mount point for other config files?
- could we drop UUID= from the mount point name? /media/UUID=xxx is inconvenient
- additionally we might need to pass initial mount options when mounting boot media, an ability to do that would be nice (e.g. -o barrier=0 is useful in certain cases)
(from redmine: issue id 1337, created on 2012-08-23, closed on 2013-11-06)
- duplicates #2258 (closed)
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information